POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post (49.1K) : Re: First Post (49.1K) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post (49.1K)
From: D J  Brown
Date: 31 Aug 2000 13:02:07
Message: <39ae8f8f@news.povray.org>
This looks very nice. I like your use of isosurfaces in your textures. Only
one thing is really bothering me about the image. That's the "bricks" used
to create the walls and floors. I beleive the eqyptians used molds and clay
to create their bricks, whereas these bricks appear to be crudely chiseled
from stone. If they did use stone, they polished it very finely (especially
for temples or anyplace of importance). I'm guessing from the ornate artwork
on the broken pilars that this is a place of some importance, so perhaps
smooth out the stone walls and create broken points into them (like you did
on the pilars - smooth, but with chunks missing). I would put the broken
points in the walls roughly corrolating to where these pillars might have
struck the wall when they fell.

Other than that one thing (and it really isn't anything big), I love this
image. Looks great!

D.J.